- Ciolino Produce was notified that the 8-oz packaged sliced white mushrooms they sell may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Grower/processor Highline Mushrooms of Leamington, ON, is voluntarily recalling the affected product, which was on sale in Temperance, MI and Monroe, MI. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning the public not to consume the sliced mushrooms. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.
- In related news, Pure Hothouse Foods of Leamington, ON, has issued a voluntary recall for a total of 1,402 cases and 8,412 individually distributed Meijer Brand grilling trays because they contain whole or sliced mushrooms. The recall includes items distributed to retailers in the following states: Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. News Release.
- Tanimura & Antle Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of a single lot of romaine lettuce that may be contaminated with E. coli 0157.H7. A total of 2,095 cases were distributed throughout the US and Canada on August 2. A total of 1,969 cases were shipped to AL, AR, AZ, CA, KS, KY, MD, NC, NM, NV, NY, NJ, PA, SC, TN, TX, WA and Puerto Rico. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.
- Dale T. Smith and Sons Meat Packing in Draper, Utah has recalled about 38,200 puonds of beef products that might be contaminated with E. coli 0157:H7. The products were distributed for further processing to wholesale and retail establishments in California and Salt Lake City, Utah. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.
- There are some 4,100 pounds of Wegmans meat and poultry soup products that are being recalled by Blount Fine Foods in Fall River, Mass. They might contain fragments of plastic, the FSIS announced.
The problem was discovered after consumers complained to the firm about finding plastic fragments in various Wegmans brand soup products. The problem likely occurred during the production of the soup containers.The cases of soup were sent to distribution centers in Pennsylvania and New York and from there were sent to retail establishments in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. News Release.
- Johnsonville Sausages, LLC, of Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, has recalled approximately 48,000 pounds of Turkey Sausage with Cheddar Cheese products that may contain pieces of gloves. The affected product is the 13.5-oz. vacuum pacakges. The recall was issued after the company received two customer complaints. News Release.
- Real Mex Foods, a Vernon, California establishment, is issuing a recall for about 77,688 pounds of Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Kits that include dressing made with the cilantro that is the subject of the Fresco Green Farms Inc., recall due to Salmonella contamination. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.