- Lucky Country Inc. in Lincolnton, NC has recalled one lot of Lucky Country Aussie Style Soft Gourmet Black Licorice from Costco and Smart & Final stores in California, Arizona and Utah. Seems like this lot has elevated levels of lead. Yep, lead. News Release.
- Menno Beachy of Cresco, Iowa, has issued a recall for one-pint containers of Certified Organic Grape Tomatoes due to possible Salmonella contamination. Fifteen cases containing twelve one-pint containers were distributed to retail stores in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. News Release.
- Cheese distributor Tomales Bay Foods, Inc., Petaluma, CA, issued a recall of partial wheels of two cheeses they distribute due to "an abundance of caution" (?). The cheeses could possibly be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The cheese was distributed to restaurants and retail stores in California, North Carolina and Florida between June 25th and July 27th. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.
- Fresco Green Farms, Inc. of Winchester, CA has recalled 1.643 cases of cilantro harvested last month that has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The cilantro was on sale in California and Minnesota. The salmonella was discovered through routine testing. News Release.
- Burch Equipment LLC has expanded their cantaloupe recall to include honeydew melons. The honeydew melons do not have any identifying stickers.
The cantaloupes and honeydew melons involved in this expanded recall were sold to distributors between June 23rd and July 27th, in the following states: FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, and VA, VT and WV. The melons may have further been distributed to retail stores, restaurants and food service facilities in other states [emphasis mine].Bottom line, don't buy any honeydew melons this season. Bummer. News Release.
- Missa Bay, LLC, a subsidiary of Ready Pac Foods, Inc. in Swedesboro, New Jersey, is voluntarily recalling 293,488 cases and 296,224 individually distributed units of fruit, vegetable, and sandwich products that contain apples that might be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. It would be easier to list the states NOT affected by this recall: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. There are a lot of products included in this recall. No illnesses have been reported. News Release.